Using a Feature XML file, you can add a custom menu in a List Toolbar. The following image is a sample of the custom feature.There are couple of steps to create the List custom menu bar.
- Create a XML file, give a name to this file, e.g. "Test.xml".
- Add a "CustomAction
" XML Element in this file.
- Add following attributes to this element: "
RegistrationType="List" RegistrationId="100" Location="ViewToolbar"
Sequence="1000" Title="Submit to Manager" Description="Custom List Action"
- Reference "Test.xml" file in "feature.xml"file using "ElementManifest Location='Test.xml' " XML schema.
- Install and activate this feature.
- Create a custom list from the site. You will see the custom menu "Submit to Manager" displaying on the List Toolbar.